- Can our scientific calculators convert between degrees, radians, and grads?
- No, those conversions need to be done manually.
- What calculators can be used for ACT or SAT?
- You can go to the following page for information on what calculators are acceptable for ACT:
The page doesn't specify which models are acceptable, although it does specify some models that are not acceptable. For the most part, it presents guidelines as to what types of functions would not be acceptable.
Similar information regarding calculators that are acceptable for SAT can be found at the following page:
- Is there any supplementary material for the graphing calculators?
- Here are two resources that discuss examples of applications that our calculators may be used for.
* College Algebra and Trigonometry Graphing Calculator Investigations, Dennis C. Ebersole
* Technology Resources Manual for Casio Graphing Calculators Calculus, Addison-Wesley Vol. 2
- Can I connect the ClassPad to a personal computer?
- Yes. You can transmit and receive data, and transfer images using the ClassPad Manager software, which is on the CD-ROM that comes with the ClassPad, along with the included SB-300 USB cable or the optional SB-305 serial cable.
You can transfer the programs and materials (e-Activities) of the ClassPad made using a personal computer/ClassPad to the ClassPad using ClassPad Manager.
- What tests are calculators permitted for?
- AP Calculus requires a graphing calculator.
Any graphing or scientific calculator is permitted on the following as long as it does not have a QWERTY keyboard, electronic writing pad or a pen-input/stylus-driven interface:
PSAT/NMSQT, SAT I
SAT II Math, IC & IIC
AP Statistics (graphing expected)
See www.collegeboard.com for more information.
For the GED, the FX-260 Solar is suggested.
- How do I clear the memory on my Casio fx-9750GII?
- 1. From the main menu, select SYSTEM (last icon)
2. Select F5 for Reset
3. You can choose Setup data or Main Memories
4. Press F1 to confirm your choice
- Which current calculator models have a USB port
- The fx-9750/9860Gll Series and the ClassPad 300 series
- Do you have to purchase the calculator prior to taking the on-line course?
- No, you will be prompted to download the free calculator emulator to you computer to take the course. Upon completing the course
You will receive a FREE calculator.
- Does CASIO have a program that allows a teacher to use calculators on a trial basis?
- Yes, the Casio loaner program lets Schools try before they buy. That's right test drive any of our Educational Calculators free for 30 days. To get started, fill out a loaner request with your schools information and click submit.
- I'm taking the GED, which calculator should I use?
- The fx-260 has been the calculator endorsed and recommended for the taking the GED.
By 2012 the fx300ES will also be approved for the GED.
- Is any of your software compatible with a Macintosh?
- Not currently but we're working on it and should be available soon.
- Which models can plug directly into a Casio projector?
- Any Casio Graphing calculator with a USB port can be directly connected to any Casio projector with a USB port.
- Do you receive credit or professional development hours for taking the course(s)?
- Credit for Professional Development varies from state to state and you can inquire with the district's PD coordinator to find out your states policy.
- Do you have any kind of data collection device?
- Yes, the EA-200, is our data collection device and works with our graphing calculators and ClassPad.
It comes packaged with everything you need to get started including Optical, Voltage and Temperature probes.
- Is the Geometry application on the fx-9860 series considered CAS?
- No, the Geometry program on the fx-9860 Series is not a CAS
- Do you have any calculators that have overhead units?
- Yes, all of our educational calculators have a corresponding overhead model. Listed in school accessories.
- What kind of educator support does CASIO offer?
- Casio offers World Class Educator Support. When you school makes a purchase we provide Free Training and Professional Development.
We also provide free online instructional courses and videos, plus free downloadable activities and workbooks.
Earn Casio Rewards points with every purchase redeemable for any Casio products. Trade-In and Trade-Up programs and many other benefits
- What is the difference in the fx-9860G series and the GII series?
- The fx-9860Gll Series has a natural display input and output, a backlight, preloaded geometry and E-con programs, increased program functionality.
- Can the fx-9750GII and the fx-9860GII be used on national exams?
- AP exams, PSAT, SAT, ACT and state-level exams
- What is CAS?
- CAS stands for Computer Algebra System and is a software program that facilitates symbolic mathematics. The core functionality of a
CAS is manipulation of mathematical expressions in symbolic form.
- What is "natural display"?
- Natural Display shows formulas, inputs and displays results exactly as they appear in a textbook.
- Which CASIO models have CAS?
- Only the ClassPad has a Computer Algebra System
- What is an emulator?
- An Emulator is an exact copy of the calculator for your computer. It operates like the hand held model but with many added features. You can change it's size, record and edit your keystrokes, save screenshots and much more. It also works great with an interactive white board
- What is the difference in the fx-9750G series and the GII series?
- The fx-9750Gll Series has more memory, a built in E-con data collection program, USB port, increased program functionality.
The ability to connect to our projectors and a optional computer emulator.
- My calculator will not turn on or is frozen.
- If your calculator does not turn on, push the restart button on the back of the calculator with the end of a paperclip or something similar. If that doesn't work try removing and reinserting the batteries, making sure they are installed
- Does CASIO have any on-line courses?
- Yes we have Free online courses for the fx-9860G Slim & ClassPad 101.
We also have free online instructional video for the fx-9750/9860Gll Series Calculator.
- Which CASIO calculators offer natural display?
- The fx-300, fx-115, fx-9860GII, Slim, and ClassPad all have Natural Display.
- Can we purchase a site-license for an emulator?
- Yes, Emulators are available for a few different models and are sold as single or a site license for the school.
Check our product pages or speak to one of our representitives.